A by-election to elect a new Member of Parliament for the general electorate of Mt Albert will be held in New Zealand on Saturday 25 February 2017.
You need to be enrolled to vote in the by-election
Those enrolled in the Mt Albert electorate can vote in the by-election. If your're enrolled on the Maori roll you are not eligible to vote in the by-election.
Your can enrol in the Mt Albert electorate if you:
- lived within the Mt Albert electorate for more than one month, and
- are 18 years of age or older, and
- have lived in New Zealand for more than one year continously at some time in your life, and
- are a New Zealand citizen, or
- are a permanent resident of New Zealand.
Enrolling or updating your details is easy. Check or update your enrolment details at https://enrol.elections.org.nz/app/enrol/#/
Voting from overseas
If you are enrolled in the Mt Albert electorate and your are going to be overseas you can still vote. From Wednesday 8 February you can get your voting papers in one of the following ways:
- Download your voting papers
Download voting papers from www.elections.org.nz/download. This is the quickest and easiest way to obtain your voting papers.
2. Apply for a postal vote
You can vote in person at four locations overseas:
- New Zealand High Commission, London
- New Zealand Consulate-General, Sydney
- Electoral Commission Queensland office, Brisbane
- Victoria Electoral Commission office, Melbourne
Contact details for all overseas locations are available at http://www.elections.org.nz/events/2016-mt-Albert-election/going-be-overseas-during-mt-Albert-election
How to return your voting papers
Voters who are overseas will be able to return their voting papers in one of the following ways:
- Scan or photograph your voting papers and upload them to the Electoral Commission's website at www.elections.org.nz/upload by 7pm NZ time on 25 February.
- Fax your voting papers to the Electoral Commission: 64 4 494 2300 by 7pm NZ time on 25 February.
- Post your voting papers to: Overseas Voting, Electoral Commission, PO Box 3220, Wellington 6140, New Zealand, by 23 February. (Voting papers mailed to the Electoral Commission in Wellington must be postmarked no later than Thursday, 23 February and received no later than 12 noon Wednesday 1 March.)
- Post or hand deliver your voting papers to one of the four overseas locations by 4pm, 24 February. (Voting papers returned to an overseas location must be received before the close of voting at that office, which is 4.00pm (local time) on 24 February (subject to local holidays). If voting at an overseas office, please check with them about their closing time.)
If you have any questions about enrolling or voting in the Mt Albert by-election email the Electoral Commission on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +64 9 909 4182.